Friday, March 20, 2015

Blog Hop #3 for BSue Boutiques TAKE 2!!

Hello There All Of My Fellow Creative Chickadees~

      Okay It's Saturday and I have had the worst 48 hours ever!! It all started with good intentions and went nowhere but downhill from there. First of all, let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and giving me the opportunity to explain and share my line, "The Bohemian Spell" with you....
            ...Now, back to the worst 48 hours... Flashback to Thursday night, about 11:00-ish pm. I knew I had the meeting with Jenna's guidance counselor first thing Friday morning so I came over to blogger to set my blog to go live at 5:00 am Friday morning. So I clicked on "schedule" , clicked on the day, and then I noticed it was on Pacific time- Uh-oh, didn't want that, but I said "no biggie" I'll just push the 5:00 am time back to 2:00 am, did all that and clicked on "Done"; and then "error" came up... Tried to do it again  every which way times 10 and it just would not set! O.K., well I had no other choice, I will have to just publish my draft right before I leave. My meeting was at 7:00 am so I  would be ready at 6:00am to have enough time to go online... So I decided to check my draft and that's when it got worse- I had text in my draft but my photos were gone... What the heck??!!
 I couldn't for the life of me get photos on that darn blog!! Long story short, I stayed up all night trying to get my photos up on my blog... Well, not all night, I finally gave up at 4:36am and closed my eyes....
            Next thing I knew Jenna was tugging on my sleeve waking me up At 5:30 am asking me "Mom did you sleep here all night?" Unfortunately the answer was yes, I had been there all night but I had only slept for less than an hour, and I still could not get the photos to post...UGH!!!!!!!! I had figuratively pulled every hair on my head out by this tiime!!!! After a few more *@^ *@ @ @*&^$%& 's  and a few @&^$&'s!!  I knew I had to get ready for the meeting...
                          So, after getting ready for the meeting, I headed off for the school and Jenna's guidance counselor and posted the quick post explaining that I would post by 10:00 am when the meeting was going to be done- So I thought- ha-ha...don't know why I would have thought it would have been done when it was supposed to be done....because by the time all the i's were dotted and the t's were crossed it was after 11;00....
         ....And then I fell and passed out, and apparentely hit my head on the way down, and spent the afternoon and evening in the hospital. The good news is the doctor said I do not have a concussion, but the bad news is that with my spinal cord injuries and the other complications going on I can fall every now and again, I have only fallen a hand full of times through out the years but this was the first time I have passed out and fainted. after doing a panel the doctor said that the fact that" Your system is already comprised by the spinal cord injuries and other issues that the staying up all night and the stress that was attached to the staying up all night... probably was what contributed to the fainting...So, I finally got to go home last night  with a killer headache and a weird kind of double vision.
       And here we are today Saturday,,and just like the doctor said, the double vision is gone, but I still have the killer headache...
                    Anyhoo...time for the reveal of line of jewelry, The Bohemian Spell!! I am toying with the idea of opening a second Etsy shop...It is a lot to think about ( at least for me) LOL  :)
        And knowing me I will probably still want to do a little tweaking here or there, before putting in my Etsy shoppe, and I am still working on a line of bracelets, I started them, and then had to stop because I just knew I didn't have enough time to finish them the way I have wanted to so I opted to wait to reveal them when they are ready... Remember I'm the girl who doesn't like to share much before things are close to done??!! LOL... but without further ado,....THE BOHEMIAN SPELL!!
    To begin with, this line is called "Mermaids living in the Sea" The first 2 are 2 of 3 necklaces that I made to appeal to the impulse buyer who keeps herself on a well maintained budget. For this reason, I have kept the necklaces on the simpler side; not alot of extra bling, or charms. The same is true of the earrings.On my workbench right now are 2 over the top super embellished  statement necklaces that are to represent the top of  the pyramid. I will make a few pairs of earrings as well.By now you can probably see that 2 important elements to my design esthetic  are COLOR and POLYMER CLAY.













    So this is the line, I want to THANK Brenda SO MUCH for taking the time to create this classroom; and for sharing her knowledge with all of us.Although there were times when this was all challenging to me because of my all of other work with my daughter and college I have grown in my creative style so much!!

       And a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOU GALS!!
                         Happy Hopping!
                                XOX






Brenda Sue Lansdowne – Hostess & Instructor
Marcia Tuzzolino
Jann Tague
Judy King
Linzi Alford
Cynthia Wainscott
Carole Carlson
Lynn Stinten
Marica Zammit
Catherine Shattuck
Michaele Collie
Mary Craig
Lee Koopman
Erin Whitacre
Monica Casady
Leila West
Cindy Peterson
Leila Belcher
Gloria Allen
Pamela Anger
Tammy Adams 
Lynda O’Mara
Elizabeth Hildreth
Dana Hickey
Janet Calardo
Maria Clark
Lori Beekman
Jennifer Kroeger
Amy Jorgensen
Robin Reed
Ingrid Anderson
Louise O’Shields
Susan Killam
Mary Katherine Deis
Nike Bottalico
Susan Bowerman
Kristy Le
Jan Peters
Mitzie Crider
Gina Hockett
Linda Anderson
Alexandra Sefton
Melida Boman
Teresa Shurter
Melissa Latimer
Renee Hong
Nadine Edris
Lori Meyer
Jennifer Merrill Williams
Denise Lussier Poirier
Renee Allen
Autumn Adams
Elizabeth Owens
Kat BarronMiller
Sandra Ballard
Coral Law































































31 comments:

  1. Holy cow what a wicked ride that sounds like! I'm so glad you're ok, headache aside. I think my favorite of your mermaids is the pastellish set about 5th down. Looking forward to seeing how you take this line forward from here, but for goodness sakes no more all nighters! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your difficulties. You have achieved a great cohesive line. I enjoy your bright color options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Challenges abound. I liked the theme and bright colors. Good work. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good night you had a rough time there! But thank you for getting your blog up and the colorful pieces you made are very appealing! I hope you enjoyed the class and that it provided impetus for you as you move forward to make more and more beautiful pieces that help your online sales bloom and grow. I am so glad you took the time to join the class, I know you worked very hard and the hard work shows. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Elizabeth! Gorgeous pieces. The colors are incredible and they're so you. I think that they'll blend in perfectly with your other creations too.

    You definitely have a voice/style and all pieces are cohesive.

    Great job!

    Marica
    Bead Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Colors are fantastic and I've never seen anything like this. Job very well done. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say they are bright bold and beautiful
    great job
    Cheers
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, I hope you are doing better and taking care of yourself. Second, your line is wonderful. I love the backgrounds you created for the stampings and how you colored the metal to coordinate. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not part of the BALC workshop.I've been following it from the beginning though. I'm so sorry you had the awful health situation. Having fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome myself, pushing oneself above and beyond, and being sleep deprived is too hard on the body. Wishing you a positive recovery. Your lovely, colorful mermaid designs are so unique, and I would think should sell well. Best wishes in your creative jewelry endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you are ok. I stayed up almost all night blogging as well. We are just very determined individuals! Take care of yourself......

    I really like how you have the mermaids "swimming" in front of the backing pieces and I enjoyed your color combos. I hope to see more jewelry coming out in your line.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are totally your style. your colors and they are very cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that really is a bad couple of days! I'm glad you finally got blogger to work, and that you are feeling better. I love how colorful your collection is! Keep going, you stuff deserves to be out there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are awesome!!! Yes you are so very awesome, no matter what you made it to the finish line with the most beautiful Sea Queen (Mermaids) design!!! Woooooooo hooooo your colos are just fantastic. I am so very thrilled to have been on this great adventure with the gift of you.~ Louise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you went through so much over the last 48 hours! Your line is beautiful. I always have loved your polymer creations and this is no exception! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. The color is so vibrant. I love the texture and color. Sorry for the difficulties you went through. Tomorrow will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bless your heart. The jewelry is great, and you are amazing. Now, get some rest! :-) ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth…..oh my goodness, what a rugged couple of days you had. Bless your heart. I hope now that things have settled down and you are feeling better. Seeing your colorful, whimsical, super fun line, has me spellbound. I want to toss one around my neck, sit myself under a palm tree, and order one of those fancy drinks that comes in a coconut with a few umbrellas on top. I just love your line. Cheers, my friend, and well, well don! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Liz, so sorry you had to endure that 48 hours of big life challenges, and glad you are on the mend now. Your pieces are very pretty, and will be easy to reproduce. Happy to see you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Elizabeth .. you know I love mermaids .. your design line is GREAT .. love the colors you selected .. congrats

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Elizabeth, I have always loved your work and your pieces are so pretty! You designs are gorgeous! I love working along side of you and in this class with you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all I'm glad your alright after that bad fall, boy talk about a bad day for you. On the bright side your line is absoluetly gorgeous and the colors are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The jewelry has Texture, color and movement. I'd say thats a win, win all away round.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your line is bright and colorful, Liz, just like you! ;) I'm sorry you had such a bad dad, but glad that you were able to get your blog post and photos up. Great job! I'm really happy to have been in the class together ... it was a fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad you are okay! Everything you make is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Life really does get in the way sometimes! It's good to know you are doing better and it hasn't taken away your humor-or your eye for color! Keep on working on those colorful mermaids-they are sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your vibrant colors and the use of the polymer and metal stampings. They look awesome. Hopefully you are on the mend. It has been great sharing the class with you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I sure hope you are feeling better Elizabeth! I love the brilliant colors and the the organic feel of the designs! Really Great Job!!! Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've done some really creative work Elizabeth! I'm a "Fall Risk" too, so I know how hard it can be dealing with the issues of physical injuries and spinal damage when you really want to be creating a masterpiece, even mini ones. It seems like every time I have to work to a deadline, the stress and fatigue cause me to hit the ground too. Give yourself a pat on the back for getting all these beauties to the finish line! :) Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, Elizabeth, what dedication and endurance you have. I'm glad you're doing better so that you can keep working in your new line. It's very whimsical and the colors are bright and so fun! Congratulations on finishing and congratulations on getting your blog up with all the challenges you had! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great colors and polymer! Fun for the customer to have so many choices to choose from. Hope you're doing much better after your fall and all. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  31. How scary and frustrating! I sure hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself so you can keep creating more of your beautiful line. I love what you did with these colorful mermaids. Something for everyone. Great job and sending virtual hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete