Friday, February 20, 2015

BUILD A LINE CHALLENGE HOP #2~WHERE MY LINE IS TO DATE...

**WAVING**  HI!!    ~WELCOME TO THE 2ND B'SUE BOUTIQUES BUILD A LINE BLOG                                                 HOP!

                 Come,  and sit a spell, relax and let me bring you up to speed with what is cooking with "The Bohemian Spell"  ~
        First I would like to thank all my fellow Artista friends who are participating in the challenge~                 Although it did take me a few weeks to visit everyone's blogs  during the first hop I DID visit everyone's blogs and I very much enjoyed reading everyone's posts. It was so nice to get a glimpse into everyone's worlds. It really made me wish that I had shared more about my little slice of the world. That was something that I had really struggled with when writing the 1st hop post- Did people really want to read about me or was I going to bore them?? So, afraid of putting people to sleep I opted against the big share and purposely kept it all very much streamlined to focus solely on the line.It was while I was reading the smallest of details in someone's post that it hit me- It wasn't so much about the content of how much I was sharing; it was more about sharing who the woman was inside of the artist that I very much would like to share with all of you; because you see reguardless if my blog is read by a few or more than a few it is still a creative expression and extension of myself.So, with this in mind I would very much like a "Do Over". So please sit back an relax as I open the window for a bit of fresh air.....

           Awhile back B'Sue asked all of us participating in the challenge who was it that we were inspired by during or creative journey- famous or otherwise. I was always very "Artsy"when I was growing up; being 1 of 5 kids in a middle class household my creativity came from very "simple" supplies.I was so lucky to have an older sister who was only 2 years older  than me so very often my Mom would sit us both down at the kitchen table and we would create together. ( Of course with the time to time sisterly fight included... I remember my sister being so upset saying that I copied her all the time and I was a copy cat... and I am sure she was right and I was a copycat- I always looked up to my sister) .One of our big tangents that we went on was making clothespin dolls. the endless possibilities of fashions we could make kept us busy for so many countless hours. Another one of our creative projects were making garlands out of gum wrappers. We were not allowed to chew gum with sugar in it so we both asked all of our friends to please save all of their gum wrappers for us.With all those wrappers we made a garland that wrapped all the way around the Christmas tree and our Mom loved it!

           My grand parents from Brooklyn used to come and visit and stay with us  for a few weeks at a time and it was during this time that my grandmother ever so patiently taught me how to knit . I say ever so patiently because she was a righty and I was a lefty with ADD ( although no one knew the definition of ADD at that point, and mine presents itself in a slighter way) but Grandma never gave up and although I never made it to the point of making a sweater or a pair of socks all of my stuffed animals and dollies were plenty warm with all the little blankets I knitted for them! LOL.
           While I always felt a creative pull, I replaced my little crafts with cooking. I began cooking and working with very  talented, dedicated chefs not only in CT. but  I was flown to Boston and the Islands where I worked with very talented chefs and graduated from the school of hard knocks. At this point I decided I had an education of cooking under my belt, now it was time to learn about food cost, inventory and front of the house management  and off I went to school for hotel/restaurant management.In the following years I fed my creative spirit with my cooking and a small dried flower arrangement business and then one day during a jaunt to the craft store I found the bead isle and picked up a bead loom. That was it- I was hooked. I became a beading maniac- LOL!
                As life moved on I got married and had a beautiful baby girl and being so busy with life my creativity just naturally took a back seat for a long time, coming out only in my daughters hand made Halloween costumes; which I throughly enjoyed dreaming up!
                Fast forward another 5 years and it was when I was in a very serious car accident where I was hit from behind at a high speed on the highway and on bed rest after my 3rd of 6 surgeries that I discovered the awesome world of wire working  and the rest is history. I couldn't get enough I was so hungry to learn everything I could about jewelry making as I could and while I have  there is still always more to learn; and that is what I love about it- forever creativity!!
 
            And now, fast forward to today and the challenge, and "The Bohemian Spell" Where am I at??
                       Well let's talk turkey! LOL !  I have my pyramid pretty well thought out, with 4-5 sets of earrings at the bottom. 3-4 Bracelets are in the middle, 3-4necklaces above and at the very top a few statement necklaces.
                   Now... getting done to the creating and the claying and the makering... When I was cooking I used to hate it when people would want to try my food before I was done with all the flavor profiles and I was ready to serve it. I am very much this way with my jewelry too. Like my food I do not want my jewelry to be mistakingly  represented. So.... I  have opted not to share any photos at just yet because I am  still in a place of makering and claying where it still is in the creating      stages... I have my main ideas down pat for necklines and have the wire crochet started, and while I have my polymer clay ideas down patsome of my major supplies were on back order so I am still experimenting at the work table with the final details...  SO, AS SOON AS I HAVE MORE CONCRETE DETAILS TO SHARE I WILL SHARE SOME PHOTOS, BUT... I STILL WANT MY LINE TO HAVE AN ELEMENT OF SURPRISE TO IT SO I WILL NOT BE SHARING EVERYTHING UNTIL THE LAST AND FINAL HOP!!
  MY ASSISTANTS IN THE STUDIO:





               I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING FUN MAKERING AND CREATING TOO AND I                                     CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOUR LOVELIES!!
         
               
Brenda Sue Lansdowne – Hostess & InstructorJewelry Making Outside the Box
Marcia TuzzolinoAurora Designs
Jann TagueClever Designs by Jann
Judy KingApt to Wander Studio
Linzi AlfordMagpie in the Sky, Spoil Heap Tales
Cynthia WainscottExotic Peru
Carole CarlsonBeadsophisticate
Lynn StintenDragonzwench
Marica ZammitBead Lovelies
Catherine ShattuckVRBrose
Michaele CollieThe Vintage Gem
Mary CraigJewelry Alchemy
Lee KoopmanStrega Jewelry
Erin WhitacreShattered Time Jewelry
Monica CasadyMJCasady Copper Works
Leila WestLeila Nicole Designs
Cindy PetersonHowling Dog Jewelry
Leila BelcherLeila Bee Designs
Gloria AllenWings and Beads
Pamela AngerNovegatti Designs
Tammy Adams Paisley Lizard   
Lynda O’MaraLOmara Creative
Elizabeth HildrethMadScientistsDesigns
Dana HickeyWind Dancer Studios
Janet CalardoJan Lea Designs
Maria ClarkSweet Willow Designs
Lori BeekmanB. Accessorized
Jennifer KroegerRelic Charm
Amy JorgensenHoarder’s Corner
Robin ReedArtistry: Handcrafted Bead Designs
Ingrid AndersonLilis Gems
Louise O’ShieldsDesire Divine Jewels
Susan KillamKillam Creative
Mary Katherine DeisThe Rose Sword: Artisan and Vintage Collectible Jewelry
Nike BottalicoNike Bottalico
Susan BowermanWoodside Wireworks
Kristy LeKristy Le Trendy Jewelry Designs
Jan PetersStylized Vintage
Mitzie CriderNeedful Luxuries Occasional Blog
Gina HockettFreestyle Elements
Linda AndersonFrom the Bead Board
Alexandra SeftonImaginary Jewelry and Altered Art
Melida BomanThe Journey of Pens and Things
Teresa ShurterTreeZ’s Treasurs
Melissa LatimerSmithed Up
Renee HongFine and Dandy Jewelry and Art
Nadine EdrisMoondance Jewelry
Lori MeyerParisienne Girl
Jennifer Merrill WilliamsArtists of All Stripes
Denise Lussier PoirierJewelry by Denise
Renee AllenSmall Stuff Design
Autumn AdamsAutumn Dawns
Elizabeth Owens1996 Shabby Lane
Kat BarronMillerMidnight Kat Productions Art Jewelry
Sandra BallardMama San’s Mojo
Coral Lawab:coraldesign


         

               
 
   

37 comments:

  1. Looks like your cute assistants are distracting you haha ;-)

    Love the name that you chose for your line. Looking forward to seeing it in the final reveal.

    Marica xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha No distractions here... I am just not ready to share yet.... But no worries just have to iron out a few kinks and will be good to go - I had some supplies that I need for my clay on back order so it threw things off a bit. Like I said I hate sharing my work when it's not in a place where you can see where I am going... when things are more finished I will share ;) It's all good!
    Look forward to seeing your finished line as well :)
    xo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great post and lively pictures and lots of positive talk. We're so glad you are staying the course and can't wait to see your big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be waiting for the Big Bang at the end of the blog to see all of your creationYou just want to keep us all in suspense LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and your work, Elizabeth. You are right when you say our creativity is an extension of ourselves and who we are. So looking forward to seeing what your pieces are, I bet they are fabulous! Gina H

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post, getting to know a little about you was great! I love your helpers, especially the Bee-dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You stinking little teaser! What a wonderful read. I look forward to your big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I do. I struggled with the idea of presenting before there was a proper presentation and build up. I can truly say I am very much looking forward to seeing your reveal in all its glory.
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun & I cannot wait to see the big reveal! I love your blog by the way~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing! I can remember doing crafts with my mom and sister as well and she always said I copied too! Looking forward to seeing your lovely creations. ~Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post about your family and childhood, Liz. ;) Love your little assistants, and can't wait to see your line soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waves HI back 🙋. Thank you so much for sharing you!!! I am looking forward to seeing your line!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! I haven't really shown my designs yet either... =) I like to present it complete as well. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post was a lot of fun to read. I love the connection you made between your edible creations and your jewelry creations; I can totally relate. Can't wait to see your final work in The Big Reveal! ~mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. "You're killin' me, Smalls." lol Cannot wait to see what you have in store for the BIG REVEAL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, it seems you are the master of the tease! Looking forward to the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, that bumble bee dog is just the limit! I'm still cracking up!! You've made me horribly curious about what you're doing with clay and metal? Looking forward to seeing your line. Really enjoyed the parts about you and your sis creating gum garlands and clothes pin dolls and all--very interesting and fun to read your blog! LOL--on the next blog you won't be able to tease us any more--you'll have to show us! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to the finished line!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what an awesome blog post I am so glad that you shared your amazing self with all of us in your blog post! Your artwork is outstanding and I look so forward to seeing your fantastic jewelry line!!! Louise

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was a great blog post. Awaiting the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. While I'm not quite the tease you are ;) I didn't show any finished pieces yet either. I want to have a big "the curtain goes up and ta-da!" reveal for the final hop next month. Can't wait to see what you've been up to with the wire and polymer clay and other bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blogs make me feel like we're sitting at a table talking and drinking tea. I like the name of your theme and am looking forward to seeing some pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Soooooo, is it the end of the class yet??? I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!! Great blog post! Why would any one be bored!!!??? Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great blog entry but I find the script really hard to read. Looking forward to your big reveal

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful post about you and your lifes journy aand i love all your wonderful pic's too. but the suspence is killing me, I can wait to see your designs I know they will rock. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wish I had had a big sister to learn alongside and a grandmother to teach.
    You have everyone intrigued as to what you are going to make.
    Building the suspense mmmm looking forward to seeing your line

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great blog and thanks for sharing your story Liz. Looking forward to Seeing your line in March.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great blog but I was hoping to see some of your jewelry line ..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Isn't it wonderful to have a family history that encourages you to be a maker!? I adored my big sister's too, all five of them were older than me so I was called copy cat A LOT :) Can't wait to read the final installment!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great blog. Love your polymer clay so I am really looking forward to the big reveal to see your line!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your story is great in this post, Liz, but looking forward to seeing some finished jewelry in your line next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking forward to seeing your line in the big reveal! Linzi

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the bottom picture of the pup in the bee costume. Too cute. Awaiting the big reveal. :-) ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just love your story! Can't wait to see your designs.

    ReplyDelete